Wednesday 9 September 2015

Thing 13: Professional Organisations

I've recently began to put together some evidence to eventually submit toward Chartership. I've been a member of CILIP for just over a year now I initially joined as a student member. Its been pretty beneficial for me so far its provided me with opportunities to attend training events and conferences. The newsletter is also pretty informative and helps me to keep up to date with the latest events from across the library and information sector- I think it was this newsletter that first made me aware of the Rudai 23 Things Collaboration.

I think that its important to be part of organisation its always nice to feel a part of something bigger and the library profession can be so wide and diverse, its important to have something that pulls us all together.

1 comment:

  1. What inspired you to go for Chartership, Rhys? Was it something you had planned to do before you joined CILIP? #rudai23

    ReplyDelete