Monday 27 July 2015

Thing 6: Reflective Practice

I have recently started to think about building up a portfolio to eventually submit toward chartership. As I understand it an important aspect of this is reflective writing. So I guess reflective writing is something that I am increasingly going to have to get used to over the coming months.

So far, this blog and the Rudai 23 collaboration have provided me with a good opportunity to practice various tasks and explore various tools which are beneficial to my professional development and then write a summary based on my reflections. Being completely new to blogging I was extremely apprehensive at first, I felt that surely nobody other than myself would really be interested in my views or opinions. However, I felt that Thing 2 was a particularly good ice breaker and I really enjoyed reading the other blogs and seeing the common ground we all share. I have since continued to read the other library blogs with interest I just wish I had more time to read them all!

But looking at other peoples blogs has certainly given me some inspiration. I'll try and add some photographs to my blog just to break the text up a  little bit! I also managed to surprise myself by linking my newly created twitter account to my blog.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Rhys, if you decide to charter there's a closed fb group called CILIP chartership. It may be worth starting soon so you can use your rudai things - it's what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete