Friday 21 August 2015

Thing 11: Reflective Practice

Now that we are coming up to the halfway point of the Rudai 23 Things Collaboration this seems  like a good point to stop and reflect on the course so far. The main reason I started the course was to gain a better understanding of online tools that librarians use and how they use them to promote their service. The course has helped with that so far, particularly screen casting. I can certainly see ways in which we could utilise screen casting to benefit our users. I enjoyed playing around with screen cast o magic and Jing and I will be using these tools again in the near future. I have also taken part in my first twitter chat as a result of Rudai 23.

I'm really looking forward to Things 20 & 21 presentations and creating info graphics as these will be quite useful tools for me to use in my daily working life. Another reason I set out on the 23 Things course was to help me build up some evidence to go in my Chartership portfolio. With the new 'Things' coming thick and fast every week it has certainly kept me on my toes. It's been mentioned before but one thing I've learned during the course so is not to get too overwhelmed with blogging. I probably spent the best part of 2 hours writing and continuously editing my blog posts at the beginning of the course. I now try not to over think things too much and it makes the writing an awful lot easier.    


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear #rudai23 is helping you with your Chartership portfolio Rhys. We look forward to reading your blog posts after you are chartered!

    ReplyDelete