Monday 12 October 2015

Thing 16: Collaboration Tools

For this task I used Google Doc's. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to use and just how user friendly it was for word processing. Like many people I've spent the vast majority of my computing life using Microsoft Word and through sheer habit I've often been reluctant to use anything else.

Since I started using a Mac this has opened the door and given me confidence in using other word processing applications such as Pages. My favourite feature in Google Docs (besides the fact that it is free to use) is that it allows for Word files to be converted to Google Docs and vice versa. This allows for collaboration with any user regardless of whether they have access to Word.

I think that collaborative tools such as Google Docs are fantastic. Whereas as in the past you would be reliant on the person you wanted to collaborate with having access to the same software as you and then having to email the document back and fore to each other. I love the editing features of google Docs and the idea that you could use Hangouts to collaborate with a large number of people simultaneously.  

No comments:

Post a Comment