Tuesday 13 October 2015

Thing 22: Mobile Things

When I first started working in public libraries I remember we used to supply bookmarks and encourage users to write mini reviews of the book they were reading on them. This was a great way of creating a conversation among our users and it proved quite popular. In a library context the Gum App could work in a very similar way. The good thing about Gum is that it is so versatile it could be used in a library context for users to comment on the books, music or films available within a library. However, I do see the potential danger for age inappropriate comments to be made but I don't think we should let this put as off an app that clearly has so much potential.

2 comments:

  1. Have you posted any Gum comments yourself yet Rhys? #rudai23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I posted a comment on one of my own books it was very straightforward.

    ReplyDelete